Well, I’m here! I made a nice friend on the Airplane who
REALLLLLLY likes Rome (he’s from Rome—so typical Italian being all proud of his
home town). We talked about a lot of stuff like famous Roman actors, some good
Roman songs, his favorite Roman dishes, good Roman films and some great Roman
dialect tips. He also had a giant tattoo of the Roman Coliseum on his calf. It
was sort of cool to talk to him because it made me realize how insanely not in
love with my hometown I am (sorry Woodbury-ians) and how it is actually quite
normal for Americans to move around and have friends all over the place. In one
sense it would be nice to have everyone that you’ve ever cared about in one
place, but on the other…it might make for some better, more interesting conversation.
So after that interaction I was picked up at the Roman airport
by a good friend from when I was abroad senior year of high school and we went
straight to the beach.
After it started raining we drove to my host family’s house and I got to see them
for the first time in over two years. It was a very emotional, beautiful “hello”
filled with rainbows, unicorns, smiles and happy tears. We ate an extremely
delicious lunch with my favorite dish of eggplant pasta followed by espresso
and fresh figs from their fig tree and then they all smoked like an entire pack
of cigarettes each.
Now I am here in Bologna…but not after a few hilarious Italian
mistakes. Since I’ve been here I have said:
1.
I want to eat a vagina
2.
China has anal sex
3.
I don’t want semen on my gelato
Whoops…clearly I’m re-getting used to the language.
Well…off to spend 2309832098402398429375230 minutes trying
to get logged onto the Italian wifi. I’ll probably punch a wall in the process,
so that’ll be my next post.
No comments:
Post a Comment