So after a beautiful summer of working as a freshman orientation leader (SOAR) and as a bartender...I'm off to Italy again! This time I will be studying abroad in Bologna, not Rome like last time. Hopefully my posts will have better punctuation and spelling because I have my own laptop this time around. I leave in four days and do not know:
- Who I will be living with
- Where I will be living
- What classes I will be taking
Can you tell this is an Italian program? I will be living in a youth hostel for two weeks with other Americans in the Bologna Program (including a good friend from SOAR, quite randomly) and am to set up up to fourteen meetings with Italians looking for roommates in the area. I will (according to my university-issued housing guide) impress the Italians with my American charm, wit and promised cleanly habits in hopes that someone will offer me a room.
After I convince these Italians I will be a great roommate and am offered a room, I will embark on my schedule of classes. Apparently some professors are easier on American students...unfortunately my name is Lucia Vitale and I don't necessarily sound like an American. Maybe now's a good time to start going by Lucy...
Betting this blog will last about one, maybe two months until you realize how awesome of a time you are having and start traveling. Viaggi sicuri! I hope that is right I don't know very much Italian.
ReplyDelete